- 375g noodles
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- 3 tbsp chicken stock
- 4 tsp maple sugar
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 600g beef sirloin or rump, thinly sliced
- 20g fresh ginger, thinly shredded or grated
- 40g tender stem broccoli
- 40g pak choi
- 40g kohlrabi or Japanese radish
- 40g large leaf spinach
- Cover noodles in boiling water and cook.
- Drain and toss with the sesame oil. Stir together the fish sauce, soy sauce, stock, half the maple syrup and maple sugar.
- Blanch kohlrabi, pak choi, spinach and tender stem broccoli in boiling water, and refresh in cold water and set aside.
- Heat a large wok or frying pan over a high heat. Add peanut oil, and when very hot, add the beef in two batches, cooking for 1 minute to seal and brown. Remove and set aside.
- Stir-fry the ginger, pak choi, kohlrabi and broccoli with the rest of the maple.
- Add beef and sauce and cook for another minute to slightly reduce the sauce.
- Toss noodles through the sauce in the pan or spoon in a bowl with beef stir-fry on top.
- For a vegetarian or lighter alternative, why not go meat-free and add lots of extra vegetables?
This beef and noodle stir fry is a delicious way to incorporate the richness of the Asian cuisine into your diet, infused with beautifully sweet maple.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.