- 750g braeburn apples (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 2 brown onions (roughly chopped)
- 500g dried cranberries
- 2 satsumas
- 350g maple sugar
- 5 tbps pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 1/5 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4ml red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 250g pitted dates
- Add the apples, onions, cranberries and dates into a pan
- Add the zest of the satsumas then squeeze in the juice and pulp
- Add the maple sugar, maple syrup, spices and salt
- Pour over the red wine vinegar and stir together
- Bring to the boil, then turn down to simmer for an hour and 15 minutes
- Turn off the heat, place lid onto the pan and leave to stand for 1-2 hours
- Once completely cool, serve or store in a sterilised jar or a plastic tub and refrigerate
The perfect balance of sharp and sweet flavours, pair with your favourite cheese for a sensational treat.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.