- 250g cauliflower florets (thinly sliced)
- 1tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 300g chickpeas
- 2 soft / ripe avocados (stone removed)
- 1tbsp lime juice
- 4 small round tortillas
- 2tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Handful of fresh, chopped flat leaf parsley for garnish
- Chilli sauce for extra heat or taste
Pink pickled onion:
- 1 small red onion
- 2tbsp lime juice
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp sugar
For the tortillas:
- Place cauliflower florets and chickpeas onto a baking tray, cover with maple syrup and roast for 25 minutes. Turning the florets halfway through.
- In a separate bowl, mash the avocado, mix with lime juice and spread onto a toasted tortilla. Top with roasted cauliflower florets and chickpeas then sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
To make the pink-pickled red onion
- Finely slice red onion and place into a bowl. Add the sugar and lime juice and leave to infuse for about 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out the excess juice and top the tortilla, drizzling over hot sauce and parsley (optional). Serve.
Enjoy a delicious light bite with these crunchy cauliflower and toasted chickpea vegan tortillas. This tortilla wrap recipe also draws on pure maple syrup for an added splash of sweetness. Serve these delicious cauliflower wraps with lime juice, hot sauce or any other of your favourite dipping sauces.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.