- 250ml milk
- 30g butter
- 4 eggs, separated
- 60g all-purpose flour
- 250g cheddar cheese, grated
- 100ml maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Warm the milk and butter in a saucepan over a medium heat until the butter has melted.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks with the flour and maple syrup. Pour a little of the hot milk in to warm the mixture. Fully combine both mixtures, and simmer until it thickens. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form.
- Add to the cooled milk mixture, along with the cheese. Fold the mixture to combine.
- Butter a non-stick pan and warm over a medium heat. Pour a ladle of the crepe mix and tilt the pan so the mixture evenly coats the surface.
- Let the crepe cook for about 45 seconds, fold in half and then cook for another 30 seconds. Repeat steps five and six to make all 4 crepes.
- Serve hot with a drizzle of maple syrup.
Enjoy the flavour juxtaposition of cheddar cheese and sweet maple in these fluffy soufflé crêpes.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.