- 150g cranberries
- 450g onion (finely chopped)
- 25g unsalted butter
- 25g maple sugar
- 100ml pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust taste)
- 1 large orange
- 50ml red wine vinegar
- Melt the butter in a pan
- Add the onions and maple syrup and slowly cook for 15 minutes
- Add the cranberries, zest and juice of the orange, red wine vinegar and maple sugar and simmer on a low heat for 30-40 minutes
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool
- Serve or refrigerate in a container
The perfect accompaniment for all things festive, packed with sweet, sharp flavours. Serve in glass jam jars for added flair – also safe to refrigerate, making the perfect addition to sandwiches and salads.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.