- 6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 500g selection of mushrooms of your choice
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- 4 tbsp Pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably dark for its robust taste)
- 4 Greek-style flat breads
- Pickled cabbage to serve, optional
- Light the barbecue and heat until the coals are glowing white.
- In a large bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, maple syrup and pepper.
- Add the mushrooms tightly onto one skewer so it resembles a kebab (if using wooden skewers, soak for 10 minutes in water before use)
- Place into a tray and pour over marinade and leave to soak.
- Grill the mushrooms for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Light toast the flatbread on the barbeque.
- Serve the mushrooms with the flat breads and pickled cabbage.
Chef’s tip: We used a mixture of field and button mushrooms, but you can use any variation you like! Courgettes and peppers can be used as an alternative.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.