For the ice cream:
- 600ml double cream
- 300ml condensed milk
- 4 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber for its rich taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the sauce:
- 200ml double cream
- 2 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber for its rich taste)
- 50g chocolate 70%, finely chopped
- 80g pecans, roughly chopped to serve
- Sea salt
- To make the ice cream, whisk the double cream, condensed milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract into soft peaks. Pour into non-stick loaf tin and freeze for 3-4 hours until set.
- Get the ice cream out of the freezer for 5 minutes before serving whilst you make the sauce.
- To make the sauce, heat the cream and maple syrup together over a low heat until just boiling at the edges. Be careful that it does not burn.
- Put the chocolate into a heat proof bowl and add a pinch of salt. Pour over the cream and leave for 1 minute to melt the chocolate. Mix together into a glossy sauce.
- Scoop the ice cream into bowls and pour over plenty of the sauce. Top with the pecans and serve immediately.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.