- 2 tbsp olive oil
- The juice of a lemon
- 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 500g boneless skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 padron peppers
- 2 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber for its rich taste)
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Salad to serve
- Flatbreads to serve
- 4 wooden skewers soaked in water for 1 hour
- Put the olive oil, lemon, smoked paprika, garlic granules and a pinch of salt into a mixing bowl and whisk together. Chuck in the chicken and padron peppers and mix well. Cover and leave to marinade for 20 minutes.
- Heat the grill to high or a griddle pan over a high heat. skewer the chicken and padron peppers. Alternate them to get two peppers per skewer in-between the chicken. Place onto a grill rack and grill for 4-6 minute a side or until the chicken is cooked through. Alternatively, sear the kebabs for 3-4 minutes on the griddle pan. Turn, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 6-8 minutes, turning them every 2-3 minutes to keep them juicy, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix the maple syrup and pomegranate molasses together with a pinch of salt.
- To serve, pile the kebabs onto a plate and drizzle over some of the maple and pomegranate sauce. Serve immediately with plenty of salad and flatbreads and the remaining sauce at the table.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.