- 350g strong white bread flour
- 150g granary bread flour
- 7g dry yeast
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 260ml tepid water
- 40g softened unsalted butted
- 150g dried figs (roughly chopped)
- 100g pecan nuts (roughly chopped)
- 1 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- Pre-heat the oven at 220°C
- Mix together the two types of flour
- In the same bowl, add salt into one side of the bowl and yeast to the other then mix together
- Add the chopped pecans and dried figs
- Gradually add the tepid water whilst mixing then add the softened butter and maple syrup and mix
- Kneed together, leave to proof for an hour in a warm place and then kneed again
- Move the mixture into a loaf tin and bake for 30 mins
- Check it’s cooked through by inserting a cocktail stick and seeing if it comes out clean
- Leave to cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving
Spruce up your staples with this incredible homemade bread recipe. Sweetened with maple syrup and full of fruity flavour, this fig and pecan bread is a must try for baking enthusiasts.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.