- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp maple mustard (see recipe)
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 500ml rapeseed oil or extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Place the egg yolks in bowl, add maple mustard and salt and whisk. Add vinegar vigorously.
- Add a thread of oil and whisk until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add the remaining oil a little at a time, whisking until pale and firm.
- Mayonnaise can be made easily in a food processor. Slowly dribble in the oil as the machine is running.
- Store in fridge.
This maple mayonnaise can be used in a variety of dishes, from salads and main courses to sandwiches. Great with fried chicken.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.