- 30ml olive oil
- 1.5kg turkey, legs or breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 250ml pure maple syrup
- 125ml tomato paste
- 125ml cider vinegar
- 340ml dark ale
- 1 tbsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tbsp ginger, ground
- 1 tsp cloves, ground
- 20 bread rolls
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC.
- In a large oven-proof dish, heat the olive oil over a medium heat and brown the turkey pieces for about 3 minutes per side.
- Add the onion and garlic, and fry for 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients (except the bread), then add to the dish.
- Cover and bring to the boil, then bake for 3 hours.
- Leave to cool before removing the turkey pieces from the dish.
- Remove the skin, de-bone then shred the meat with a fork. Set the shredded turkey aside.
- Remove the fat from the meat juices using a spoon, then return the pulled turkey to the casserole dish.
- Mix together well and reheat for about 5 minutes.
- When ready to serve, preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Fill the bread with the turkey meat and place on a baking tray, cover with kitchen foil and bake for 15 minutes.
This delicious and succulent pulled turkey recipe is the perfect way to use up leftover Christmas turkey – perfect for get-togethers
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.