- 30ml olive oil
- 1.5kg turkey, legs or breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 250ml pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 125ml cider vinegar
- 340ml dark ale
- 1 tbsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tbsp ginger, ground
- 1 tsp cloves, ground
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 beef tomatoes, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC.
- In a large oven-proof dish, heat the olive oil over a medium heat and brown the turkey pieces for about 3 minutes per side.
- Add the onion and garlic, and fry for 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, combine the maple syrup, cider vinegar, dark ale, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and pepper then add to the oven-proof dish.
- Cover and bring to the boil, then bake in the oven for 2.5/3 hours.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Remove the skin, de-bone then shred the meat with a fork. Set the shredded turkey aside.
- Build the sandwich with layers of turkey, lettuce and tomato on the ciabatta loaf.
- Slice the sandwich and serve.
This delicious and succulent pulled turkey recipe is the perfect way to use up leftover Christmas turkey – perfect for get-togethers
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.