- 350g shortcrust pastry, homemade or ready rolled
- 1 pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks.
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust taste)
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 410g evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 190C/180C fan.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and add the pumpkin chunks, covering with a lid.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender, draining well and allowing to cool.
- Once cool, mash the pumpkin to a purée by hand or using a food processor until smooth.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and line a 22cm tart case, then chill for 15 mins.
- Line with baking parchment and fill with baking beans and blind bake for 15 minutes. Remove the beans and paper and continue to bake for 10 minutes until the base is pale gold in colour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- While the base is cooling, prepare the pie filling; beat the eggs and add to the puréed pumpkin, mixing to incorporate. Add the maple syrup, spices and evaporated milk.
- Mix the filling ingredients until a smooth, silky mixture forms. Pour the mixture into the tart shell.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes or until the pumpkin mixture is firm.
- Serve hot or cold with a garnish of whipped cream.
Sweet and decadent with a subtle hint of spice, this classic pumpkin pie is perfect hot or cold.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.