- 4 fillets of seabass
- 1 green pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 red pepper, cored and chopped
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of half a lemon, other half use for garnish
- 2 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate taste)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Bag of spinach, wilted
- To make the dressing, sweat shallots and garlic in olive oil until softened in a frying pan on a low heat
- Add chopped peppers and maple syrup to a pan and cook until the peppers have softened
- Add lemon juice then set aside
- Lightly oil a pan on a medium heat, add seabass skin side down and cook for three minutes
- Add the spinach and turn the seabass before cooking for an additional three minutes
- Serve with the dressing and a wedge of lemon
This Mediterranean sea bass recipe is like sunshine on a plate. Not only will it remind you of holidays in warmer climates, but the oily sea bass fillets also provide a healthy boost of vitamin D. The addition of pure maple syrup adds a subtle sweetness that balances perfectly with the sour lemon juice and seared sea bass.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.