FOR THE FLAPJACKS
- 250g jumbo porridge oats
- 100g maple sugar
- 80g grated carrots
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 125g butter, melted
- 60ml pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
FOR THE MAPLE GLAZE
- 120g icing sugar
- 50ml pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- Preheat your oven to 180c/350f and lightly grease a 20 x 20cm baking tray.
- Place the oats and sugar into a large bowl. Coarsely grate the carrots and add them along with the cinnamon.
- Melt the butter and pour it over the oats. Pour over the maple syrup.
- Mix everything well to combine and then add to the prepared tray. Use the back of a spoon to press it into the tray and create an even top. Bake for around 30 minutes or until it has gently browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the tray.
- Once cool, place the icing sugar and maple syrup into a bowl and whisk. Use a fork to drizzle the glaze over the flapjacks to create a pattern. Leave briefly to set and then cut into slices and serve.
Find more great recipes and imagery from Melanie Johnson here.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.