FOR THE CAKE
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 100ml boiling hot water
- 300g plain white flour
- 90g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 140ml olive oil
- 120ml unsweetened oat milk
- 3 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pear (skin removed)
TO COAT THE PEAR CUBES
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp plain white flour
- 1 pear (sliced
- 2 tsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- 2 tsp maple flakes
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C. Add boiling hot water and the flaxseed to a small bowl. Stir and set aside, this will create a flax egg.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In a second bowl whisk together the oil, milk, maple syrup and lemon juice. Add the flax egg to the oil mixture and mix well.
- Slowly pour the oil mixture into the centre of the flour mixture. Mix until no more flour specs remain, but do not over-mix.
- Remove the pear skin then cut your pear into small cubes. Coat them in the flour and cinnamon.
- Add the pear cubes to your mixture and stir gently.
- Line the bottom of a round cake tin with a layer of baking paper. Brush the sides with a layer of oil.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and smooth out the top using a silicone spatula.
- Decorate with slices of pear, then brush the pear slices with maple syrup and top with flaked almonds.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush the entire top with a layer of maple syrup.
- Bake for another 5 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Once baked, let cool completely. Top off with another layer of maple syrup and maple flakes if desired.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.