- 500g baby potatoes, unpeeled and cut in half
- 500g parsnip, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 80g butter
- 500ml chicken broth
- 60ml pure maple syrup
- 150g Le Fou du Roy cheese (or similar firm cheese, Rollright), grated
- Pinch of nutmeg, ground
- 60g chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pan, fry the potatoes, parsnip and garlic in butter over a low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and leave to cook for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Strain, but reserve some of the cooking liquid. Add the maple syrup to the casserole dish and mash the vegetables with a pestle.
- Add the cheese, some broth (if needed to loosen the purée), and sprinkle with the nutmeg and chives.
Winter veggies combine with maple syrup to deliver bags of warming goodness and flavour – perfect as a rustic side dish for a roast!
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.