- 250g softened unsalted butter
- 160g maple sugar
- 300g ground almonds plus 25g extra for filling mix
- 140g plain flour, plus 25g extra for filling mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 plums, stoned, halved and cut into thin slices (about 6 per plum)
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate taste)
- 50g flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / Gas 4 and line a rectangular baking tray with greaseproof paper
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, maple sugar and ground almonds until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs
- Divide the mixture and place half into another clean bowl
- Add the flour to one of the bowls and bring the mixture together using your hands to form a dough ball
- Tip the mixture onto the lined baking tray and gently flatten down all over
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until golden in colour, remove and leave to cool on a wire rack
- Prepare the filling by adding the eggs, extra flour, additional ground almonds, 2 tsp of cinnamon and baking powder to the remaining mix and stir together
- Transfer mixture to the cooled almond base and spread evenly. Top neatly with plum slices
- Bake for another 15 – 20 minutes, remove from oven and cover with maple syrup
- Scatter the flaked almonds and bake for a final 5 minutes or until browned. Take care not to burn the almond flakes
Truly one of our favourite traybake recipes, this almond and plum cake boasts the most delightful combination of flavours. Pure maple syrup, sweet plum and earthy almond combine perfectly to form a delicious and indulgent traybake cake.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.