- 4 red peppers (halved)
- 50g bulgur wheat
- 3 spring onions (finely sliced)
- 200g broccoli
- 25g chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably dark for its robust taste)
- 1 whole lemon (juiced)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 200ml boiling water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220C
- Drain and rinse the bulgur wheat and transfer to a bowl
- Pour over 200ml boiling water and leave to soak for 30 minutes
- Slice the peppers in half and bake for 20 mins until soft
- Cut up the broccoli into small florets and pan fry in olive oil until soft, then add the maple syrup
- Stir the broccoli, spring onion, lemon juice and parsley into the bulgur wheat and season to taste
- Add a scoop of the bulgur wheat mixture into each of the cooked peppers and serve
Chef’s tip: This recipe is great for a BBQ when made in advance and served as a cold side.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.