- 1 pack ready made shortcrust pastry
- 7 or 8 ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp maple sugar
- 2 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- Peel the bananas, break into small chunks and place in a saucepan
- Add 2 tsps of maple sugar to the bananas and heat until soft
- Cut out circles of pastry large enough to cover the tart tins and place them in
- Spoon the banana mixture into the tart tins
- Create a pastry lattice on top of each tart tin and glaze with 2 tsp of maple syrup
- Cook for 20-30 minutes at 200C until golden
- Serve and enjoy!
A delightful Mauritian treat made with sweet banana and rich maple.
Find more great recipes and imagery by Sarah here.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.