- 300g bread flour
- 250g salted butter (grated)
- 150g water
- 200g cream cheese
- 300g diced chorizo
- 2 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- Sea salt
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Mix the butter and flour together in a bowl and gradually add in the water, form a ball and leave to cool in the fridge for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes, generously flour a flat surface and roll out the mixture to make a large and long rectangle
- Create a first fold by folding the top of the long rectangle to halfway, and the bottom of the rectangle to cover that half, this will give you 3 layers of pastry. Leave to cool in the freezer for 10 minutes
- Brush off any extra flour and repeat the process then place back in the freezer
- Fry the chorizo in a frying pan until crispy, then add 1.5 tbsp maple syrup to caramelise
- Roll out the pastry to make a large rectangle, 2/3 mm thick then spread on the cream cheese using a spatula and sprinkle over salt and pepper
- Sprinkle over the caramelised chorizo
- Slice into long triangles and roll from the flat edge to the point to make the mini croissants
- Add onto a baking tray and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to cool down
- Preheat the oven at 200C fan
- Brush the croissants with some egg, wash and bake for 15 to 20 minutes
- Serve warm or leave to cool and store in a container
- Top with an extra drizzle of maple syrup for extra sweetness if desired
Learn how to make croissants like a professional pastry chef with this delightfully indulgent maple and chorizo croissant recipe. Packed with cream cheese and caramelised chorizo, these mini croissants are comfort food at its finest.
If you like the look of these mini croissants, make sure to check out our other canapés.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.