- 80g rock salt
- 500ml water
- 1 x 500g salmon fillet
- 300ml delicate-tasting golden maple syrup
- 1 large bunch dill chopped
- 5g croute or toasts (2-3 per serving)
- Mix the salt and water to make brine.
- Soak the salmon fillet in the brine for 15-30 mins.
- Remove and dry with a cloth. Place in a container and cover with maple syrup and cure in the fridge for 6 hours, turning halfway through the process.
- Remove and place on a tray and top with chopped dill.
- Place cured salmon on a croute or biscuit with grain mustard or topping of your choice
This 6-hour cured fish is bursting with flavour. Delicate-tasting maple syrup infuses the salmon and adds a subtle sweetness that strengthens the longer it cures.
Chef tips: serve as a starter with lemon and dill, topped with a paprika and maple sour cream.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.