- 750g butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 400g parsnip, peeled and sliced into quarters lengthways
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 6 – 8 sprigs of thyme
- Preheat oven 190°C/Gas 5
- In a large oven-proof dish, place the squash, parsnip and garlic
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl and add the oil and maple syrup
- Stir fully, pour over the vegetables and toss together to ensure an even coating. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes
- Stir and continue to cook for a further 15 minutes with foil removed adding in sprigs of fresh thyme until the vegetables gain crisp edges and are roasted fully
Delicious vegetable bake with roast parsnips, butternut squash and pure maple syrup. Simple, sweet and full of flavour, this aromatic squash and parsnip bake makes an excellent rustic side dish.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.