- 600g mixed white fish
- Corn flour
- 60ml pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- 25g root ginger
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple vinegar
- 1 large chilli, seeded and shredded
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 small aubergine
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 300g pak choi
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 250g pre-cooked rice
- 1 lime
- Grate the ginger into a bowl and add the soy sauce, maple vinegar and maple syrup and mix together.
- Cut the fish into chunks, place into the marinade and cover with cling film. Leave to marinate for at least 30 mins or overnight.
- Cut the aubergine into cubes and cut the peppers into thin strips. Remove outer leaves from the pak choi and thinly slice.
- Remove the fish from the marinade and dust with corn flour. Cook in a wok until crisp then set aside.
- Remove fish from the wok and add to skewers.
- Add the chopped vegetables, chilli, garlic and the pre-cooked rice into a wok and stir fry for 8 minutes.
- Add the left-over marinade into a saucepan and heat until it has reduced into a sticky sauce.
- Dip the fish skewers into the sauce to coat the fish.
- Add skewers to a plate with the vegetable stir fry.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with a wedge of fresh lime.
- Pour the sauce into a dipping pot or drizzle over the final dish.
- Heat wok until hot, season fish and dust with corn flour. Cook until crisp.
- Remove and place on paper to rest.
- Mix sauce, garlic, chilli, aubergine, peppers and pak choi and cook in wok.
- Mix fish with vegetables and sprinkle on sesame seeds.
- Serve with jasmine or plain boiled rice.
This delicious sticky fish stir-fry incorporates oriental flavours and nutritious vegetables – you can also swap out fish for pork in this easy to make recipe.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.