- 4 chicken breasts
- 60ml of dried cranberries
- 500ml of peeled pears, chopped
- 30ml of pine nuts
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 30ml melted butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
FOR THE SWEET GLAZE
- 125ml pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 45ml orange juice
- Preheat oven to 210°C.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise without separating the two pieces, and open butterfly-style.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the pear stuffing and stuff the breasts with it.
- Place on a buttered oven tray. Set aside for later.
- In a small saucepan, add the maple syrup and orange juice.
- Bring to a boil and reduce by a third.
- Pour half the glaze over the chicken breasts.
- Cook in centre of the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breasts from oven and pour over the remaining sweet glaze.
- Serve with a leafy salad.
These beautifully sweet pear stuffed chicken breasts are the perfect midweek meal for any household, perfectly complemented by seasonal vegetables.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.