- 400g sweet potato
- 50ml pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 120g gluten-free oat flour
- 100g dairy-free dark chocolate pieces
- 50ml coconut oil
- A pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Begin by peeling the sweet potato and chopping it into small pieces and add to a pan with boiling hot water. Bring to the boil until the sweet potato is soft throughout.
- Preheat the oven at 180C/350F. Place the sweet potato directly into a food processor and blitz to mush.
- Add the oat flour, maple syrup and coconut oil and blitz to allow all of the ingredients to combine together.
- Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and add the chocolate pieces and the salt, then combine together.
- Form the cookies by rolling them into a ball and press into a flat circular shape, then place all of the cookies on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Place the cookies in the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes, these cookies are extremely soft in the centre therefore allow them to cool down before removing from the tray.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.