For the donuts
- 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 1/2 cup pure Canadian maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup almond milk
For the Glaze
- 1 cup powdered icing sugar
- 2 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup
- 2-4 tbsp water, warm
- 100g vegan chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate curls
For the donuts
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F. Grease a x2 6-hole donut pans with vegetable oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and stir till combined.
- Add in the wet ingredients into the mixing bowl: vinegar, coconut cream, maple syrup, coconut oil, almond milk and stir until combined.
- Spoon the batter into a piping bag and snip a 1 cm hole at the point. Pipe batter into each of the donut holes. Don’t over fill as they will rise. Use a wet finger to smooth the dough where they meet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until a skewer inserted into the sponge comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool completely.
For the glaze
- Add the icing sugar, maple syrup and 2 tablespoons of warm water into a medium bowl and whisk until combined. Glaze needs to be able to coat the back of a spoon. Add more water one teaspoon at a time if it’s too stiff.
- Dip the donuts into the glaze and decorate some with chocolate curls whilst the glaze is wet, then set aside for the glaze to harden. Mix the melted milk chocolate and coconut oil together and drizzle the remaining glazed donuts with the melted chocolate. Enjoy!
These vegan maple baked donuts from Emma Duckworth Bakes are the perfect sweet treat. They’re light, fluffy, and totally delicious.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.