- 100g maple sugar
- 100g butter
- 6 dessert apples, peeled and sliced
- 250ml double cream
- 250ml milk
- 3 eggs
- Seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- 2tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 400g brioche loaf, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 120C.
- Melt the sugar and butter in a pan. Add the apple and stir until the apple has softened.
- Whisk cream and milk together with the eggs and amber maple syrup. Add the vanilla pod seeds.
- In a buttered ovenproof dish, layer the slices of apple and brioche. Pour the milk mixture over the brioche and apple and leave to soak for 30 minutes.
- Once soaked, cook for 1 hour.
- Brush dark maple syrup over the brioche and apple. Place under the grill until golden brown.
Buttery brioche and sweet maple syrup give this classic dessert a decadent spin.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.