- 100g maple sugar OR caster sugar
- 100g butter
- 6 dessert apples, peeled and sliced
- 250ml double cream
- 250ml milk
- 3 eggs
- Seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- 2tbsp pure maple syrup
- 400g brioche loaf, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 120C.
- Melt the sugar and butter in a pan. Add the apple and stir until the apple has softened.
- Whisk cream and milk together with the eggs and add the vanilla pod seeds.
- In an ovenproof dish, layer apple and brioche. Pour the milk mixture over the brioche and apple and leave to soak for 30 minutes.
- Once soaked, cook for 1 hour.
- Reheat the remaining caramel and maple syrup, then brush the mixture over the top of the brioche and apple. Brown the top under the grill.
Buttery brioche and sweet maple syrup give this classic dessert a decadent spin.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.