- Maple shortcrust pastry (see recipe)
- 6 Toulouse or Italian sausages, each cut into 3 pieces
- 125ml pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 30ml milk
- Flour (for work surface)
- Maple butter
- English mustard
- Pre-heat oven to 200ºC.
- Put the sausages into a baking dish, pour maple syrup over them, coat well and bake for 20 minutes, turning half way through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Put the egg and milk in a small bowl and beat with a fork.
- On a floured work surface, roll the dough to a thickness of 3mm.
- Cut into strips with a fluted pastry wheel.
- Wrap the sausages in the pastry strips and brush with the egg mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.
- While they bake, combine equal quantities of maple butter and English mustard to make a dipping sauce.
- Serve the sausage rolls and sauce together.
An ideal snack for a festive buffet or party, these maple glazed sausage rolls are the perfect combination of sweet and savoury.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.