- Maple pear and blackberries
- 6 pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 300g blackberries
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 340ml water
- 150g almonds, ground
- 75g flour
- 3 tsp rapeseed oil
- 6 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
Maple pear and blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan.
- In a pan place the pears, half of the blackberries, cinnamon, star anise, maple syrup and 340ml water.
- Simmer gently for 10 minutes and add more water if needed.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and star anise and pour the fruit into an oven-proof dish.
- Place the rest of the blackberries on top.
- To make the crumble, combine all the ingredients and mix thoroughly using your fingers.
- Cover the fruit with the crumble mix.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- The crumble can be served hot or cold.
Sharp and fruity, this crumble is the perfect summertime dessert, lifted by a gentle infusion of pure Canadian maple syrup.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.