- 125ml Arborio rice (or short-grain white rice), uncooked
- 1L skimmed milk
- 125ml skim milk powder
- 125ml pure maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust taste)
- 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Rinse rice in a strainer under cold running water. In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients except the skim milk powder.
- Heat over medium heat until it reaches a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in skim milk powder then allow to cool.
- Serve warm or cold, topped with berries and sprinkled with muesli, if desired.
This classic winter time pudding is a quick and easy sweet treat, deliciously complemented with maple.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.