- 4 slices of sourdough bread, toasted
- 250g ricotta
- 50ml pure maple syrup (preferably very dark for its strong taste) + extra for drizzling
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- Toppings of your choice e.g. chia seeds, sunflower seeds and coconut shavings
- Slice and toast your bread until golden and crusty. Teepee your toast to allow the slices to cool, without going soggy from any condensation.
- Place the ricotta in a bowl and add the maple syrup, giving everything a good stir until well combined.
- Divide between the four pieces of toast and spread liberally, right to the edges.
- Slice both avocados in half and carefully remove the stone. Use a spoon to scoop the flesh from the peel and slice using a sharp knife.
- Place each avocado half onto the toast and use your fingers to fan them out.
- Sprinkle over your toppings of choice and finish with a good glug of pure maple syrup. Serve immediately.
If you like the look of this recipe, make sure to check out more of our breakfast recipes below.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.