- 6 large, ripe figs
- 12 slices of prosciutto
- 1 small bunch of fresh mint
- 12 slices of crostini
- 100g goats cheese
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Toast the crostini until crisp.
- Slice the goats cheese into 12 pieces and place on the warm bread before adding a slice of prosciutto.
- Cut the figs in half and add a segment onto each crostini.
- Finish with mint leaves and serve with drizzles of maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and some ground black pepper.
In need of a fancy appetiser for your next dinner party? Look no further than this stunning fig and goat’s cheese canapé, served on crusty crostini with thinly sliced prosciutto and a delicious dressing!
This fig canape is so simple to make, helping to ease the stress that often comes with party preparations. All you need to do is toast the bread (or use ready-made crostini) and then assemble the rest of the ingredients. Tart goat’s cheese forms the first layer, followed by slices of salty prosciutto and sweet-tasting fig. Mint leaves, pure maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and freshly ground black pepper provide the finishing touches, adding extra flavour and elegance.
If you like the look of this fig and goat’s cheese canape, make sure to check out the rest of our canape recipes!
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.