For the pancake batter:
- 150g raspberry purée
- 150ml whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 300g self-raising flour
- 80ml pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the maple coulis:
- 150g fresh raspberries
- 60ml pure maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
To make the batter:
- Sift the self-raising flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl or jug, whisk together the raspberry purée, maple syrup and eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour and using a whisk, beat until you have a smooth batter. Any lumps will soon disappear with a little mixing. Let the batter stand for a few minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a little bit of oil.
- Add a ladle of batter (or two if your frying pan is big enough to cook two pancakes at the same time). It will seem very thick, but this is how it should be.
- Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over and cook until both sides are golden brown and the pancake has risen to about 1cm/1½cm in thickness.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up.
To make the maple and raspberry coulis:
- Blend the raspberries and maple syrup together until fully mixed and then pour into a pouring jug.
- Stack 3–4 pancakes in the middle of a plate, add few fresh raspberries then pour the coulis and additional maple syrup on top.
Made with raspberry purée and pure maple syrup, these pancakes are packed with natural sweetness and boast an incredible depth of flavour.
The pancakes are made in the traditional fashion, with the wet and dry ingredients prepared separately and then combined to form the batter, before cooking over a hot pan until thick and fluffy. What makes the recipe extra special is the homemade raspberry coulis. Made by blending fresh raspberries and maple syrup, it’s perfect for pouring over the pancakes as well as any other desserts.
Looking for more recipes like these raspberry pancakes? Be sure to explore some of our other desserts and breakfast dishes below!
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.