For the salt-baked crust:
- 150g salt
- 300g plain flour
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 125ml water
- 25ml pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 1 large cauliflower, leaves removed and stalk trimmed
For the sauce and topping:
- Juice of ½ lime
- 6 tbsp yoghurt
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 1 handful of chopped coriander, to serve
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- To make the crust, mix the salt and flour together in a bowl, add the sage and pour in the water and maple syrup.
- Knead by hand or in a standing mixer for a couple of minutes to obtain a smooth dough.
- Leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Dust the worktop lightly with flour.
- Roll the dough out to a large disc about 30cm in diameter.
- Place the cauliflower in the centre and wrap the dough around it, squeezing out any trapped air, so that it is completely encased.
- Place the cauliflower on a piece of parchment paper in a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 75 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the lime juice, yoghurt, maple syrup and a pinch of salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- When the cauliflower has finished baking, slice off the crust with a sharp knife and discard. Gently place the cauliflower on a plate.
- Drizzle the cauliflower with the yoghurt sauce and sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds and coriander.
- Carve the cauliflower into wedges and serve.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.