- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300g butternut squash, sweet potato or pumpkin
- 1 yellow courgette, diced
- 1 green courgette, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 300g mushrooms, quartered
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 240g Italian tomatoes, diced
- 60ml pure maple syrup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Basil and oregano, fresh or dry, to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently brown the vegetables for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, maple syrup, salt and pepper and continue cooking for a further 4 – 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the herbs at the last minute.
- Serve au gratin for a heartier dish.
Squash makes a great centrepiece for a reworked ratatouille.
This is a really flexible dish which you could serve as a starter for a veggie feast or as a stand-alone lunch.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.