- 8 sausages, each chopped into 3 pieces
- 2 red onions, peeled and each cut in to 6 wedges
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 courgettes, cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp Pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably dark for its robust taste)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- To make the skewers, alternate the pieces of sausage, red onion wedges, pepper, and courgette.
- In a small bowl, mix together the maple syrup, sesame oil, lime juice and sweet chilli sauce.
- Coat the skewers in the marinade. Cover and put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- When the barbecue coals are glowing white, place the skewers on to the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning every few minutes to ensure an even cook.
- To serve, plate up the skewers and serve with extra sauce.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.