- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 80ml pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 2 large eggs
- 450g buttermilk
- 80ml whole milk
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp soft butter, for greasing
- 200g mixed berries
- 30ml pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste), for glazing
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a large cooking tray with soft butter.
- In a bowl, mix the self-raising flour, baking powder and salt then whisk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, maple syrup, buttermilk, vanilla extract and melted butter.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and fold until combined.
- Scrape pancake mixture onto your prepared cooking tray.
- Spread evenly with a spatula then add the berries on top.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until light brown.
- Glaze with maple syrup then serve warm.
Skip the flip and opt for the oven with this simple but delicious pancake traybake, richly flavoured with vanilla, mixed berries and pure maple syrup.
The method for making these pancakes is no different to traditional pancakes, but rather than pouring the pancake batter into a hot pan you simply need to add it to a lined baking tray. The batter is topped with berries and then left to bake for around 15 minutes, with the oven helping the dough rise to a light and fluffy consistency. Once out of the oven, a glazing of maple syrup provides the finishing touches.
Want more recipes like this quick and easy pancake traybake? Discover some of our other pancake recipes below!
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.