- 1 tbsp dairy free spread (for greasing)
- 300g light muscovado sugar
- 1 large ripe avocado 350g gluten free plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 350ml soya milk
- 150ml vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp salt
For the topping:
- 85g ripe avocado flesh
- 200g dairy free chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 25g cocoa powder
- 125ml soya milk
- 200g icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 85g dairy free spread
- Pre-heat over to 160 degrees / gas mark 4.
- Grease 2 x 20cm sandwich tins and line with parchment.
- Blitz avocado, sugar and maple syrup in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the rest of the cake ingredients and ½ tsp salt, mix into a batter.
- Divide the batter into two cake tins and cook for 25 minutes.
- Cool and then place on a wire rack.
- Beat the remaining avocado and dairy free spread until smooth.
- Pass the avocado and spread mix through a sieve.
- Melt the chocolate and cool.
- Sift cocoa powder into a bowl.
- Bring soya milk to a simmer on the hob and then add cocoa powder. Cool mixture.
- Combine avocado mix, icing sugar, melted chocolate and vanilla extract. Divide in two and use to sandwich cake and for the topping.
Gooey vegan chocolate cake with an avocado and dairy free chocolate topping. The perfect showstopper for any party.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.