- 135g dairy-free butter
- 50ml canned coconut milk
- 80ml dairy-free milk
- 50ml pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 390g plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 90g chopped pecans
- 30g maple sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flaxseed plus 2 tbsp of water left to sit for 10 minutes
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Scatter the chopped pecans on a baking tray. Toast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and maple sugar.
- Add the butter and using your hands combine the mixture until it turns more crumb-like.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the coconut milk, dairy free milk, maple syrup and the flax egg.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix until combined.
- Add the toasted chopped pecans and fold into the mixture.
- Next sprinkle some flour on the work surface and transfer the dough onto it. Knead until the toasted pecans are evenly scattered throughout the dough
- Shape the dough into a circle and cut into 8 scones and transfer them to a lined baking tray. Sprinkle with some more maple sugar.
- Bake in the oven at 180c for 25-30 mins.
- Allow to cool slightly before glazing with more maple syrup and enjoying.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.