- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 200g swiss cheese, shredded
- 220g cream cheese, softened
- 50g mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Preheat oven to 180°. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and caramelized, 20 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer onions and garlic into a large bowl and add cheese, cream cheese, maple syrup and mayonnaise. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake until warmed and bubbly, about 15 minutes. Serve warm with bread or vegetables of your choice.
This baked onion and maple dip is a decadent, oozy Christmas crowd pleaser.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.