FOR THE CAULIFLOWER
- 1 cauliflower
- 110g plain flour
- 70g cornflour
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 200ml dairy or plant-based milk
- 100g dried breadcrumbs
FOR THE SAUCE
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise (or vegan alternative)
- 2 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp plant based milk
- Turn the oven on to 200oC and line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Break the cauliflower into small pieces.
- Measure the flour and tip into a large bowl, add the cornflour, chilli sauce and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Add the plant-based milk and mix everything together with a fork or whisk until lump free.
- Tip the breadcrumbs into a separate bowl. Dip a floret into the batter, then into the breadcrumbs and then place onto the baking tray.
- Repeat with another piece of cauliflower and then keep going until you’ve used up all the cauliflower. Cook for 25 minutes, until the cauliflower is golden and crisp.
- Spoon the chilli sauce, mayonnaise, maple syrup, paprika and plant-based milk into a small bowl and mix together.
- Carefully take the trays out of the oven and place all cauliflower on one tray. Pour the sauce over and enjoy!
This recipe was created in partnership with Cook School. Find out more and download our workbooks for various age ranges.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.