- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper or similar
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 eggs
- 1 wholemeal tortilla
- 1 handful of cheese
- 5ml pure maple syrup
- Salt and pepper, to serve
- Put a dash of oil in a frying pan on a medium heat. Chop up the veg and crush the garlic. Add a pinch of salt, then add it all to the pan and mix to create salsa. Add maple to salsa then pour into a bowl and leave aside
- Break the eggs into a bowl, beat with a fork, then tip into the used salsa pan. Heat the pan again, keeping the eggs moving until they‘re firm
- Lay the tortilla flat and spoon the eggs at one end. Add a handful of grated cheese and top with maple salsa. Roll it all up and enjoy
- Maple salsa can be stored in the fridge for up to five days.
This is a great pre-workout breakfast dish, packed with protein and carbs for that extended energy boost.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.