- 6-8 slices of streaky bacon
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably golden for its delicate taste)
- 1 avocado, optional
- 1 plum tomato
- 2-3 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices brioche bread
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp chipotle paste
- 1/2 small clove of garlic, crushed
- Arrange bacon slices on a wire rack, inside the baking pan line with an aluminum sheet to catch the grease.
- Brush the bacon slices with maple syrup on one or both sides, depending on how sweet you want it to be.
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F and cook bacon for 20 minutes or until the fat is rendered and the bacon is crispy.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the chipotle paste and garlic, then set aside to infuse.
- Spread the butter on one side of each slice of bread and toast it on a pan. If you wish to use a toaster instead, toast the bread first, then spread the butter on it.
- After the bread has been toasted, spread the chipotle mayo on one side of the bread slice. Assemble your BLT by layering the lettuce and tomato slices, then bacon and sliced avocado. Top with the second sliced of bread toasted side up.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.