- 100g spinach
- 2 eggs, plus extra for serving
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 175g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- Whisk eggs, flour, melted butter, baking powder and maple syrup together to form a batter
- Blanche spinach in boiling water and drain as much as possible
- Blend the spinach to a pulp and add to the batter
- In a frying pan on a medium heat, add the batter and fry until golden, turn and cook until golden
- Add to a plate and top with a fried egg or your topping of choice, drizzle with extra maple syrup. Serve and eat immediately
Start the day right with a nutritional breakfast packed full of goodness. Powered with three key elements (carbohydrates, proteins and fats) for maximal performance, this one will be a hit with your fitness friends.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.