- 1kg boneless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 65g flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 110g vegetable oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 3 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 120ml water
- 60ml soy sauce
- 120ml chilli sauce
- Coat the chicken cubes using 1tbsp cornflour.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, flour, baking powder and salt. Add chicken and coat well with the mixture.
- In a frying pan, heat oil over high heat and add chicken.
- Sauté the chicken, stirring constantly for about 10 minutes or until it is golden brown on the outside and no longer pink on the inside.
- Remove the chicken from heat and prepare your sauce.
- Add sesame oil, ginger and spring onions to a saucepan, and cook for 3 minutes over medium-high heat. Mix in water and maple syrup and let simmer for one minute.
- While the maple syrup simmers, dissolve 2 tbsp cornflour in soy and chilli sauce in a small bowl. Then, pour the mixture into the saucepan and cook everything for two more minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and enjoy!
Compete with your favourite Asian takeaway and make this fresh take on General Tso’s chicken in your own kitchen. It’s easier than you think!
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.