- 30g cocoa powder
- 60g strong wholemeal flour
- 60g sunflower spread
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust taste)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 40g strawberries, cut into smaller pieces if large
- 40g raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and prepare a baking tin with parchment or non-stick spray
- Mix cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and flour together in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, whisk sunflower spread, maple syrup and eggs together, adding one egg at a time
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients, mix together well then fold in the berries
- Spread the mixture onto the tray and cook for 30-40 minutes
- Use a knife in the centre to check if it’s done, it should come out clean
- Slice into bars and serve or store in the refrigerator
This delightfully sweet chocolate brownie recipe, made with raspberries, strawberries and pure maple syrup, is easy to prepare and bursting with natural flavour. A (slightly) healthier take on chocolate brownies!
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.