- 270g plain flour
- 2 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber for its rich taste)
- 170ml milk
- 100g dark chocolate chunks
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter (for frying)
- Pinch of salt
- Sliced bananas
- Pure Canadian maple syrup
- Chocolate chunks
- Hazelnuts, chopped
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the milk, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract to a seperate bowl and whisk.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring as you go.
- Then fold the mashed banana into your batter, adding a couple tablespoons at a time.
- Once combined, then fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Add about a tsp of butter to a large non-stick frying pan, over medium heat. Ensure the butter is bubbling before you add your pancake batter to the pan.
- Add about 2 tbsp of batter to the pan per pancake. You should be able to cook batches of 2-3 pancakes at a time.
- Cook until bubbles start to appear on top of your pancakes, then flip and cook for about 2 minutes. Keep and eye on your pancakes whilst they’re cooking, ensure the heat isn’t to high as the chocolate may burn.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat and repeat until you’ve used up all your batter.
- Finally, top with your choice of toppings and enjoy!
Perfect for breakfast or brunch – these delicious pancakes are sure to become a favourite.
Find more great recipes and imagery from Lydia here.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.