For the pancake batter
- 400g baby spinach
- 250g plain flour
- 300ml almond milk
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp oil
For the roasted asparagus and tomatoes
- 15–20 asparagus
- 125g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 100g baby spinach
- Vegan cream cheese
- Coriander, chopped
To make the pancake batter
- Wash the baby spinach with cold water and blend with the almond milk and maple syrup until the mixture turns green without any spinach pieces.
- Add the flour and a pinch of salt and mix until you get a thick green batter.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan add enough better to cover the base of the pan with a thin layer.
- Fry over medium heat on both sides until light brown and cooked through.
To make the roasted asparagus and tomatoes
- Put the asparagus and the tomatoes onto a baking tray, then drizzle maple syrup and olive oil on top.
- Sprinkle the salt then roast the asparagus and tomatoes for 10 minutes or until tender but still firm. Put to one side.
- Spread half of the pancake with some vegan cream cheese, then add the garnish ingredients.
- Fold in half and serve.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.