- 1 bottle good dry red wine (pinot noir or similar)
- Peel of 1 orange and 2 lemons, plus extra for garnish
- 2 cinnamon sticks, plus extra for garnish
- 1 star anise
- 3 cloves
- 120ml maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust taste)
- Combine the wine with the peel, spices and maple syrup in a large saucepan over high heat. Heat to boiling.
- When mixture starts to boil, turn off the heat and let infuse for 1 hour. Strain the mulled wine then return to the saucepan and heat to boiling again.
- Serve with lemon peel and cinnamon stick to garnish.
The maple mulled wine recipe is the ultimate Christmas drink, warming, subtly sweet and festively spiced.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.