- 300g butter, plus extra to grease
- 150ml pure maple syrup (preferably dark for its robust taste)
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 75g shelled pecans, toasted in a dry pan and chopped
- 500g rolled oats
FOR THE DRIZZLE TOPPING
- 25g white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 1 tbsp shelled pecans, toasted in a dry pan and chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 140°C.
- Put the butter, maple syrup and cinnamon in a pan with a pinch of salt and stir until melted. Add the nuts and oats and stir well with a wooden spoon to coat.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined cake tin, level the top, pressing down slightly, then bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and score 16 squares, then leave to cool completely in the tin on a wire rack.
- For the topping, put the chocolate and maple syrup in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water); heat until just melted, then stir and drizzle over the flapjacks.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans, then cut into squares to serve.
Finally, an easy flapjack recipe to serve at breakfast and brunch – or just about any meal! These deliciously sweet maple syrup flapjacks are bursting with flavour and energy. The perfect snack to set you up for the day.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.